The Cordillera Women’s Education, Action Research Center (CWEARC) Inc. is in need of an Advocacy Officer for a two-year project on capacity-building and advocacy of women’s rights in the Cordillera Region, Philippines. (Open to female/LGBT applicants only.)
The Advocacy Officer will ensure timely coordination, planning and production, publishing and distribution of information-education materials relevant to the project, particularly in video format, for both grassroots communities and advocates.
The Advocacy Officer will also take on communications and coordination with relevant networks and advocates for this project.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Project Coordinator with the overall supervision of CWEARC’s Management Committee.
- Coordinate and execute activities on advocacy as detailed in the Project Plan, with supervision and guidance from the Project Coordinator (PC) and Management Committee (MC)
- Report on the status of activities to the PC and MC.
- Ensure that advocacy activities and outputs are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in video editing and production
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Of good moral character
- Openness and willingness to learn is expected, as well as creativity.
Please send application letters and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to the Executive Director, Ms. Cynthia Dacanay-Jaramillo. Please indicate Application_Advocacy Officer in the subject heading. Applications will be accepted until April 26, 2021.